Sunday, November 8, 2015

Latest adventures with a buildfarm animal on Raspberry Pi 2

My buildfarm member axolotl, that runs (or ran) on a Raspberry Pi 2 running a Fedora 21 remix, died the other day, apparently with a corrupted file system.

While I'm trying to revive it, I thought I would try running the stock Fedora spin built for ARM, instead of a remix. This is pretty easy to do using the script found here. It looks like this is a bad idea, though. It's running so slowly just doing a "dnf update" that I wouldn't think of running a buildfarm member on it.

So, if I can't resuscitate the file system on the other SD card, I'll try a respin with a custom kernel again. There is someone maintaining a set here, which you can read about on the Raspberry Pi forums.

Update


fsck on the root partition managed to resuscitate it without apparent problems, So in the end I haven't had to jump thought more hoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment